Date: 8 February 2018
Venue: Hilton Sheffield Victoria Quays, Sheffield, S4 7YA
BABICM’s Life of P 2018 seminar offers BABICM members and others involved in supporting individuals with a brain injury the chance to benefit from our sell-out and highly praised Life of P 2017 event.
Guided by a scenario-based example, the seminar will cover many of the complex and challenging issues encountered during post-settlement. The event is ideal for case managers, deputies and social workers – particularly those who missed out on our similar ‘fantastic, thought-provoking and highly relevant’ event in 2017.
Delegates will follow the life of ‘P’ and the issues after settlement of his / her case arising from a brain injury.
The seminar will focus on key milestones in P’s life in particular focusing on specific issues faced by case managers and deputies, providing real life examples of issues that our speakers have encountered.
The scenario will cover:
• Moving, building and adapting accommodation, disabled facilities grants, selection of architect
• Relationships, marriage, sex, divorce
• Families rejecting advice, disputes, managing family expectations, gratuitous care, family moving out of the home that P owns
• Having children, concerns about parenting, duty to report to social services, protecting vulnerabilities of P and child.
• Impacts on case manager and deputy relationships, sackings of case manager and support workers, protecting the support worker
• Bereavement, inheritance, discretionary trusts, vulnerable persons trusts, tax, ring-fencing benefits and money running out
• Death of client -parents, client, statutory wills, inheritance, trusts
Early Bird (ends 29 November 2017) - £80
£95 (from 30 November 2017 onwards)
This event is expected to sell out quickly so don’t delay!
Accomodation Note: Accomodation can be booked directly with The Hilton using code ABABA.
Agreed BABICM room rate: B&B for evening of 7th February 2018 is priced at £115.
For the booking form click here
To book one of the few remaining sponsorship opportunities, click here.
Alternatively, to book, please contact the BABICM office:
T: 0161 762 6440